Friday, May 21, 2010

Welcome Home, Weary Travelers

So it's been quite a while since I've updated my blog and the reason for that is because I've been in a bit of a funk. Work, my career, my life itself. All of it feels as if it's somehow out of my hands, out of my control. It's a lot like someone else controlling your body, your thoughts, your actions. They're inherently yours, you were born to them and yet someone else is pulling the strings. Believe me, it's as frustrating as it sounds.

I finally got myself a job, but it's less than ideal. I'm making money again, which I'm really thankful for, but the hours and my boss are less than ideal. I'm going to stick it out for now, because I'd rather be frustrated and employed rather than unemployed and frustrated like I was for several months before this. So for now I'm looking for employment elsewhere. I'm not sure if I'm going to work both jobs and quit this one or just work the one. I'll have to see how it all works out.

I haven't been writing lately. I'm not sure if it's that I've grown bored with what I'm working on now, or if I should take a break from what I'm working on now to do something else. I have an idea for a fantasy zombie survival novelette, but I'm not sure as to the best way to execute it.

I'll be 25 next month and I feel as if I haven't done much of anything with my life. I feel as if I've been shuffling forward rather than sprinting like I want to. I'll wake up next week and I'll be a 40 year old man wondering where the years went. But I don't want to do that. I want to know where my life is going, look back and know that I lived a good and full life full of lessons, laughter, accomplishments. But in order to do that I have to start now. I need to make a list, make a plan of where I want to be as well as where I don't want to be. Maybe today is the first day of the rest of my life.

I am born.

No comments:

Post a Comment