Thursday, March 18, 2010

Super

So my book series is about superpowers and the confused and conflicted people that they belong to.

Who among us hasn't wished at one time or another that we could do something out of the ordinary, something that no one has done before and something that simply isn't possible. Whether it be winning the lottery three times in a row, driving around the world, or flying without the aid of a plane.

What is it about superhuman abilities that draws us to them? Is it the allure of the fantastic or is it simply something that we want to so do see what it would be like? What if one day we woke up to discover that we could set fires by concentrating or make invisible force fields? Would we become bored with our powers or would we figure out new ways to utilize them?

I think it would be interesting to see what the world would be like if we all did have minor superpowers. Yet I also shudder to think what the world would be like if some people were given destructive superpowers. But then again, who's to decide what is destructive and what is harmless?

Already too many questions about this are popping up in my head, so maybe there's a reason we're merely human. But then again there have been reports of the world's first mutants. I believe Lance Armstrong is one of them. I think I remember reading something about his lungs and muscles being stronger and build differently than those of a normal human. Look at all that the man has done! But then again, he does only have one testical, so I guess it's an even trade.

Hmm, so maybe we already have minor superpowers, we just have to realize what they are.

Okay, my head is starting to hurt. I'm done with this post.

P.S. If I could have any superpower, I would either have Susan Storm's or Vixen's. Ooo, or maybe Zatana's!

No comments:

Post a Comment