Sunday, April 18, 2010

Off In the Distance

Once again I've been thinking. Thinking thinking thinking. I feel like that's all I do, which is good. Too bad I didn't major in Professional Thinking in college, huh?

What I've been thinking about in particular is my career and being realistic about my career. I want to be a published author, yes, but I have several other interests besides writing. For some reason I think that I'm too old to go back to school even though I'll be turning 25 in June. I guess I just had this idea in my head that by the time I turned 25 that I would at least have my foot in the gate of the Magnificent Writing Kingdom. I've made a few strides, but I know I've got a long way to go. I don't want to keep working dead end jobs or jobs that I don't wish to advance in until I break into the writing business. I'd like to at least have a job that utilizes a minimum of my skills.

There's an ad on Craig's List for a writer/director for a job that sounds really interesting and neat. It's in Chicago, so if I get it I would have to move, but maybe that wouldn't be so bad. I've enjoyed my time here in Denver, but I wouldn't mind giving that up for a career job. And besides, it's not like I wouldn't be able to move back if things don't work out.

Maybe that's the reason I've been struggling these past few weeks. Maybe living here is just a stepping stone in the right direction. I've made several friends here and I've really enjoyed my time here, but I haven't yet put down roots in Denver, although I feel that I'm very very close to doing so.

I know I've got the ability and talent necessary to get this job, maybe I'm just afraid of starting all over again. But I didn't do so bad my first time here, didn't do too bad at all. I know that there are great things in store for my life, I just don't know what they are yet. But I do hope to find out, and I hope that I have the courage and wisdom to recognize my blessings when they come.

Ashe.

No comments:

Post a Comment